CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 4, 2008

I am glad it is over


I never wanted to read this series. Last summer my Mom and sister were reading it and I never had any interest. (Which was probably good considering I was doing my student teaching and would have focused on nothing else.) But some time later I picked up Twilight and could not stop reading! I couldn't believe I would have to wait a year to find out what would happen to Bella.
I went and picked up Breaking Dawn early Saturday morning. I couldn't just sit and read though. I had breakfast to make, kids to bathe, house to clean, laundry to fold, diapers to change, canning to do, etc. (My list could just keep going and going!) Some how I did get to read and boy did I read! It was exciting and sad at the same time. I am glad to have it over though. It is fun to see what happened. I thought Stephanie Meyer did a great job with her characters. I think that some take what she wrote out of context and it ruins it. I thought she wrote just enough and not to much of what happens. I liked the book. (It is just a book after all.) Despite all the negative comments people have made regarding it.
I will read the series again and maybe when my girls are 18 or so I will let them read it so I can talk with them about it. I certainly think that it is for a mature audience. I finished the last 10 pages that I just couldn't keep my eyes open for last night, this morning.
That was my exciting weekend. I can't wait to hear what others thought about the book.
I am sure my kids will be happy to have their Mom back. I am somewhat of a zombie when I find a book I like.

0 comments: