CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 8, 2008

Always learning new things

Kalissa washed her hair all by her self. 1/2 a bottle of shampoo and 10 minutes of rinsing, I think we got it all out. Finally!!!


I love when 1st graders learn new words but they only know kind-of what they sound like. For example:

Me, “Are you finished eating?”
Kalissa, “No, I can’t eat because Anna is dis-scratching me.
Me, “She’s what?”
Kalissa, “She is DIS-SCRATCHING me!”
Me, “She is scratching you?”
Wrinkling her nose and thinking for a minute, she says, “dis-structing” me? With question in her voice.
“Distracting you?” I say.
“Yes she is dis-scratching me.”

She has also learned the K-I-S-S-I-N-G song. You know the “Daniel and Mary sitting in the tree…” only she sings it K-I-S-S-I-N-T because you know, “T” sounds similar to “G”. And don’t try to correct her, because she is right.

This one she actually used and said correctly it was just funny to hear it.

Annalin had fallen asleep watching “The Grinch” so I took her up to her room. Before I got to their room I hear Kalissa saying, “HALT!” She was on Anna’s bed cleaning up some toys they had been playing with earlier. It was so funny. I think I am going to start saying halt instead of stop from now on.

1 comments:

Cynthia said...

That is so funny!! I was wondering though, has she seen Cars, The disney/pixar movie? Because mater sings the Kissing song in the hellicopter and spells it that way. Your girls are so cute!!