CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Paul's Funeral


I had debated whether to include all this or not, but it is part of our history.

Last Wednesday Sept. 24, Daniels brother was out for a walk with his wife and was hit by a car. He passed away almost instantly. It has been such a wave of emotions for us over the last few days. He was only 45, and left his wife and 4 children (ages 22, 18, 16 and 11) behind. He was such a great person and Daniel was very close to him. Daniel has worked with him since he (Daniel) came home from his mission in 1999. When I think about Paul, I will always remember how happy he was. He liked to joke around and seemed to always be smiling. We will miss him but are certainly grateful for the gospel to know that we will be reunited as a family someday. My girls think that should be now. Annalin seems to think he is only sleeping and that he should wake up from his rest now. Kalissa wants Jesus to come back now so that Uncle Paul can too. Just this morning Annalins exact words were,
"Maybe on this day, Uncle Paul's not dead."
They are both very young and don't understand it all. Kalissa had a really hard time at the funeral. But we have pictures of him, and I want them to remember him in those rather than this.
My attempt to get all my girls to look at me at the same time was not great. But they are still CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!



The girls with Daniel's parents.


At the cemetary. Kalissa with Aunt LaRue, the brothers, Annalin, Jodi, Nicole and Kyler.
There are 9 boys and 2 girls in Daniel's family. The 8 brothers were all pallbearers. After most of the people left the brothers lowered Paul's casket into his grave. It was a little different, I had never seen this before but Daniel said after helping that it was comforting to be able to do it.

At the Sunday night viewing. Kalissa with Aunt Sandra and Aunt Cheryl, Jaina, Amy and Jana. Amy is the first grandchild and Jaina is the 52nd (most recent) grandchild.


In between all the tears there were some smiles. We all got together for lunch at Sam and Kim's before the Sunday night viewing. The cousins always have a good time when they get together.

The very last bottom right picture is supposed to spell Lusk. Brittany, Jaina and Anna (L) Jodi (U), Kalissa (S) and Kristi (K).

2 comments:

The Wilcox Family said...

I hope you guys are doing okay. You have been in our prayers. Don't worry about last weekend you guys had more important stuff to take care of plus there is always next year. Thanks for saying I am doing a good job at losing weight. It has taken longer than I hoped but owell. How long is the 1/2 marathon?

Kayla said...

I had no idea that you had a blog. I must say flipping through these pictures, I have the most adorable cousins. It was also good to see the pictures from this weekend. It's comforting.