CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 9, 2009

Grandma Wertz 2/18/1926 - 2/8/2009

My sweet Grandma Shirley Jean Anderson Wertz passed away yesterday in her home with my Grandpa and much of our family with her, 10 days short of her 83rd birthday. We knew it was coming, and was certainly needed for her tired body, but it is still so hard. She was such a wonderful person! After the sobbing stopped, I quickly made a list of all the things that I remember about her and it went on for pages. I want to remember her always. Remember her how she was when I was a child. A few of my memories:

One of my most vivid early memories is her reading a book that I called "Kathryn" to me. I can hear her voice even now in my head. I had her read it to me all the time. I will remember her working in her yard planting crystal palace Lobelia and Orange impatients (she loved her yard and plants in general), trying to give everyone vanilla icecream cones and oreos (to this day I can't stand oreos, to many while young) , Memorial Day breakfast of Waffles, Strawberries and Whipping Cream (now we will go to remember her) her laugh and smile, the things from her travels all in their places at her home, Sleep-overs with cousins (and sometimes by myself when I was lucky), the days I would walk to her house after school from Evergreen (a long walk but I loved being with her) and so many more things that I want to share with my children who have only known her as her health has declined.

I am glad that she is with her parents and brothers and sisters that went before. For some of them it has been years, loosing a baby brother when he was only 3. But I will miss her! And think of her often.

Love you Grandma!


Here are a few pictures for posterity. I wish I had pictures of her from further back. However many were before the digital age and I will have to scan them. Look if you would like. She was such an amazing person!




Grandma with Kayla and Annalin August 2006, Millcreek Canyon before Andrews mission


Rebecca and Jared's wedding July 2006


Grandma's 80th Birthday Party February 2006

With Annalin Dec. 2005

Dad and Grandma Jessica Wertz' wedding November 2005

Kalissa, Grandma and Annalin June 2005

Grandpa and Grandma, August 2004

July 3, 2004
Grandpa and Daniels Birthday
We had Grandpa's favorite Homemade Pineapple Ice cream
July 3, 2004 with some of the grandkids/great grandkids

Christmas Morning 2003


Grandma Meeting new baby Franklin April 2007

0 comments: