CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 9, 2008

Baby Girl born May 8, 2008





Our little baby was born May 8, 2008 at 7:54 am. (She shares a birthday with Grandpa Wilcox.) She weighed 8lbs 8oz, and was 20 inches long. She has auburn colored hair and lots of it! She is cubby and soooo cute! I am still in the hospital but thought during nap times I could update. She is such a beautiful baby. We were surprised by all the hair not so much by the color though becuase both Daniel and I have red heads in our families. The girls were both so excited to see thier new sister. Kalissa was a little disappointed because she didn't have hair like hers. She wanted them to all be the same. But she keeps telling me that she is so cute. It would be nice to have a name to say instead of just baby. But so far we are still not agreeing on anything.
Everything went well with delivery. (Although my belly is now black and blue with a big cut through the middle of it.) She was born with water in her lungs so off she went to the oxygen tent. (Shown in the picture above. Daniel was a good sport to follow her around and take pictures for me.) They took me through to see her on the way to my room and said she may have to stay in there for 24 to 48 hours but luckily I had her within the next 4 hours. She is still doing very well today.
I will update more later.

2 comments:

Camille said...

I'm guessing you had a c-section. Love those! :) she really is beautiful. muchas congratulations!!

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

Mary, she is beautiful! I love her hair. Bummer that you had to have a C-section, but I'm glad everything went well. Congratulations. She was born on our 5 year anniversary! I hope you and the baby are doing well. Does she have a name yet?